Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees are the independent champion for people using local health and social care services, with its own legal powers and setting its own work programme to reflect the concerns of the local community.
We listen to what people like about services and what could be improved; we then share their views with those with the power to make change happen. We also share them with Healthwatch England, the national body, to help improve the quality of services across the country. People can also speak to us to find information about health and social care services available locally.
Due to the impact of Covid-19 and social distancing guidance, which limits the engagement work that we are able to do, we are seeking pathways to strengthen communication. This is to ensure that those receiving health and social care services have their voices and views heard at such a crucial time.
The Healthwatch Champion Role:
Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees are looking for volunteer Healthwatch Champions to engage with local community groups, services, and individuals to identify issues faced when accessing health or care services in Stockton–on-Tees. The role includes elements of advocacy support to the local community to ensure that their voices are heard and escalated appropriately.
This work can also help to identify what is working well within service delivery and the sharing of best practices locally and nationally. These views can also be shared with those with the power to make changes within health and social care services.
The time and energy you give as a Healthwatch Champion will enable us to reach and talk to as many patients and carers as we can, whist you work remotely, within services as a provider, or as a member of the public. Making the most of your strengths and life experiences canalso make a real difference to the work we do and the lives of others.
- To identify and engage with hard to reach communities.
- To understand the needs of local people and groups.
- Summarise and feedback on health or social care services in Stockton-on-Tees to help inform the Healthwatch Team work plan.
- Having monthly contact with your members of the Healthwatch Team for updates and communications.
Skills and requirements:
- Ability to listen and gather local information relevant to health and social care delivery.
- Good communication skills and the ability to speak to members of the public and engage with hard to reach communities.
- Understanding the needs of patients and carers.
- Awareness of local health and social care services.
If this sounds like a role for you, please contact one of the team:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01642 688312 Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees,Catalyst House,27 Yarm Road,Stockton-on-Tees,TS18 3NJ Twitter: @HwStockton